Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Three steps forward, two steps back

For those of you who don’t know what got me inspire to blog, I’ll recap.  Jen from priorfatgirl.com had a PriorFatGirl get together in January.  I hadn’t met Jen before (I know her wonderful sister Heidi) and had heard so many great things about her.  My cousin Pam and I went to the event and we both left as changed people.  It was like a light bulb went off.   Jen is as amazing as her journey.  It was great to walk into a room with fellow people looking to get healthy.  People provided realistic advice and information to help guide us on our way.  We also got to share common experiences and it really helped knowing I’m not the only one with some crazy thoughts or feelings during this journey.  Jen is an active blogger, as I listen to her talk and read her blogs, I realized I was missing something that was causing roadblocks on my journey.   I hadn’t been working thru my emotions.  I didn’t realize this until I heard those words come out of her mouth.  She had been a bottler of emotions as well, blogging helped her with this.  I decided I needed to do something about it and followed suite.  I've discovered blogging was just the tool for me :)  One of my first ways of doing this was to share my “Triathlon Journey” with her.   After sharing this with her, she asked me if I would be up to sharing at a future gathering to which I very excitedly accepted.   My great news, this gathering will be on Saturday April 2nd.    I’m am so excited, nervous and honored!   Please check out her blog to learn more (http://www.priorfatgirl.com/)  If any readers out there are struggling with weight and looking for a support group, I encourage you to attend.  The support you can find here is amazing!    

I feel like the last two weeks whenever I make progress the next day I have a setback.  While I’m still further ahead in progress it’s not as fast as I like and the setbacks are emotionally frustrating.  2lbs down, 1.5 up, 1 lb down, ,7lb up.  It’s seriously driving me batty.  In the effort to keep my sanity I’m going to try something new.  I’m only going to weigh myself twice a week instead of everyday.  I just don’t want or need to be so tied into that number.  I need to focus on other aspects of my new healthy life style.  Tuesdays and Fridays are my new wii weigh in days.  I think this will help with the fluctuations and help me from hyper focusing on my number.

I had a good night at school last night and hold onto your socks . . . . I think I might enjoy this class.  The teacher is quirky, funny, practical and very smart.  I hated Macro Econ, seriously, I drank beer when I did homework just to get thru it.  My Macro teacher was awful, turns out my fellow classmates that had him thought he was awful to.  My new teacher for Micro, way way way better and I know with hard work and no beer, I’ll do great!

Unstoppable "feeling honored" Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment