Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun Fantastic Friday News :)

I have so much to share today that I don’t know where to start.  I’m not sure which I’m more excited about! 
Okay so let’s start of with I’m less then 1 pound away from my 50lb mark.  50lbs, can you believe it!  I’m still in awwwww and excitement.  I’m debating on how to celebrate and wondering if a new color and highlight may do it.  A new spring color with my new spring short  hair do!  I’m so proud of myself.  It’s funny, I always tell Belle to be proud of herself and I’m just learning to do that.   I guess you could say I was teaching her do as I say not as I do, well now I can lead by example.   So when I announce my 50lb mark, I’m hoping you will all do the 50lb dance with me . . . (arms, legs and butt all shake)!
My second piece of news, I’m starting to like jogging.  Pick your jaw up off the group, I’m as surprised as everyone else.  I know, what the heck happened, how did that change?  I totally like being outside.  It’s so much better then that darn treadmill.  Paul and I went running again outside and I loved it.  It kicked my butt, but I really enjoyed it.  Tomorrow instead of going to the gym, I’m going to jog outside.  I love spring, I love the chill in the air and how it feels on my skin.   I get excited because when I’m running outside, there are no numbers staring at me.  I work out harder outside then when I’m on the treadmill, I know this because of what my handy dandy BUD tells me.  I love when it tells me my activity is 6+ mets which means it falls under the category of vigorous activity.   Jogging outside, I can incorporate that 4 times a week to my schedule.  It’s totally doable.   I love seeing the calories I burn and the steps it adds to BUD too.
My third piece of good news, I’m going to self nominate myself to become part of the priorfatgirl family.  Jen is how I got inspired to blog (priorfatgirl.com).  She is adding a “Mom” to her blog.  So I’m going to write up my self nomination form this weekend.   Please cross your toes and fingers.  Regardless if I’m chosen or not, I’ll still continue to blog, but it would be exciting to be part their family.  I’m finding myself so drawn to people wanting change their lives and be healthier.
I’m also pondering organizing a fun family 5K around Palmer Lake Park Trail this summer.  We could BBQ afterwards and I think it would be a blast.  Any readers out there interested? 

Unstoppable "secret jog loving" Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment