Sunday, March 20, 2011

A new partner in crime

I found a new partner in crime for jogging today.  My cousin Pam and I walked/jogged a 5K today.  She is doing amazing with her journey.  She only started in January and she's a rocken jogger. It was great talking talking about life, our journey, our struggles and successes.  I was surprised to hear so many similar struggles, but yet it provided so much energy to keep moving forward.  I'm so proud and happy to see where she is on her journey and to be a part of it.  It was so much fun jogging with her, she made me giggle when she kept telling me we'll run to those trees, we were running in a park full of trees.  We burned 808 calories!!  WHOO HOO!!!   While my butt is incredibly sore, I can't wait till our next jog in the park. 

Paul and I also when biking and jogging Saturday.  Jogging after biking . . I forgot how hard it is to do outside.  I had a little break thru this weekend.  I have this crazy and silly delusions idea, that if it's something I accomplished, it must have been easy.  I did a triathlon, so it must not really be that hard.  When I struggled to go jogging with Paul after biking, I was confused why it was hard.  HELLO, because training for a triathlon, it's hard.  It's worth the pain, worth the effort, worth the reward, but by no means is it easy.  I will learn to give myself credit and learn to enjoy my accomplishments more. 

I'm getting great at preparing my breakfasts for the week.  While it's a little time consuming, it's amazing how much it helps me stay on track.  I thought I would share what my breakfasts look like this week.

Starts off with a whole green pepper


Next comes 12 egg whites and 6 whole eggs



Time to whisk those babies up!



3 chicken brats



Cook on stove

Magic!  5- 193 calorie breakfasts



I typically also have 2 pieces of Sara Lee bread (45 calories each) and 1 tsp of nummy almond butter.  Oh yes, and my one diet coke of the day making my breakfast 320 calories.  I love it and it's a no brainer.  I need to start my mornings off easy, Paul will tell you, I'm not a morning gal and I'm not sure that will ever change.  I'm so thankful I have him to keep me going in the mornings.  Without him, I'm honestly not sure I could function before 8 am.  

I start my class this week, have a ton of stuff going on and need to get 3 days of jogging in.  It's where I'm struggling the most and really need to break thru it.  Today was a HUGE step in that direction (thanks Pam) and I need to just keep moving forward towards it.  I need to remind myself, I just gotta get out there and do it.  I have 30-40 minutes I can commit to it, it will get easier the more I do it. 

I'm off to cuddle with my guy for my last Sunday free homework night.  A great way to head into Monday :)

Unstoppable loving my new partner Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment