Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dynamically changing goals

I'm still feeling rather giddy about my milestone achievement.  I couldn't stop smiling yesterday.  In fact I jumped back on my wii today to make sure it was real.  This achievement got me thinking and dreaming about long term goals and what I can accomplish.  I'm pretty confident that I will one day become 1/2 the woman I started out as.  I used to think this was not achievable but my outlook has totally changed.  I can honestly tell you, I don't care if it takes me 3 years to reach this goal, I'm committed to it!  This makes my end goal weight 153 and I'm 103 lbs away from that, 1/3 of the way there!  It's amazing, along my journey, my goals, my dreams, my outlook, they change and morph into things I never even thought of before.  I love that, it's like a new door opens up each goal I reach.

I had a great time at lunch today with my friends Jason and Bri.  It's been awhile since we've had lunch together at it was great catching up.  Work has been crazy busy, but I love it when it's like that.  I'm helping some co-workers out with a new process that was implemented and it feels great to feel value added in my group.  Paul and I made grilled chicken Chinese cabbage salad tonight for dinner and it was FANTASTIC.  I would like to incorporate this into our menu more often.  After dinner I changed into my running clothes.  I wasn't feeling the best and ended up, well in the effort of not being TMI, was in the restroom not feeling my best.  The moment I get out, my cell phone chimes telling me I have a text.  It was Jason, apparently he was having the same issues I was.  Guess while those grilled chicken tacos tasted great during lunch, something was a little off from them.  I'm laying in bed as I type this still feeling rather ill.  So I changed into my jammies and will be sticking the night in.  I'm feeling rather bummed out, but running outside and having food poising isn't the best combination. 

I'm feeling nervous to start my new class next week.  I keep trying not to think about it since it's 7 days away, but I'm really not a fan of Economics.  The great part is it's only 7 weeks, but I'm wondering how hard those 7 weeks will be.  Then again, maybe it will help take my mind off the upcoming layoffs at work.  That could be a bonus of being busy with icky Econ homework.

Wish me luck in feeling better . . . not sure I'll be eating chicken taco's anytime soon again!

Unstoppable Icky Sicky Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment