Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh so close!

I’m confident tomorrow morning will be the day I pass my 50lb weight loss goal.  I weighted in this morning and missed it by .1lb.  I was surprisingly not all that disappointed.  This gave me the motivation to totally kick butt at the gym today.  I am so proud of myself and still on a high from accomplishing so much today.
I started out on the bike and completed 8.6 miles in 30 minutes.   I was enjoying myself sweating up a storm next to Paul.  It was the first time I sweated into my eyes, didn’t know it would sting.  I don’t care if I look like a geek, I think I’m going to have to wear a sweat band for my head.  Then I started to get nervous knowing the treadmill was next.  I got on the treadmill and made myself a commitment as I was entering my information.  I would complete 1 mile after a short warm up, I decided to keep my speed at 4.0 or higher.  So I would go anywhere from 4.0 to 4.5.  I finished a mile in 14.45 minutes.  My goal for the Tri is 15 minute miles.  WHOO HOOO I totally feel like this is now something I can accomplish.  Instead of crying because I hated the treadmill, I began to cry tears of joy.  I was so excited and happy I had to call my Mom to share what I had accomplished.  I’m so confident I can meet my goals for both of my tri’s this summer.  After that I even climbed on my favorite machine, good old elliptical.     
When we had gotten ready to head out the gym, the poor dog got excited thinking he was going for a walk.  Hercky is too darn smart for his own good, he recognized my running clothes and normally I take him at least one lap around.  He was quite disappointed when we ended up gating him up instead of taking him out around the block.  So instead, when we got home from the gym, Belle and I took him out for a run.  Okay, can you believe what you are reading, I worked out for 1 hour and 30 minutes and then I took my dog out for a run?!    Guess how many calories I burned during all of this activity . . . . 1221!  Holy cats, amazing!   How cool is that?
I completed my Sunday night routine of food preparation.   I still get frustrated at the work of weighing and measuring food, but I do have a healthy respect and appreciation for how important it is.  I’m extremely thankful that Paul is a rockstar at it and that makes it so much easier.  Without his help, I’m not sure I would do as well with it.  I made chicken and dumplings for the first time, it turned out pretty well.  We have been getting a little bored with the same old foods over and over again, so we are trying to shake it up.  I ordered the book today online, EBAY ROCKS!  I purchased the book for 4.50 and should have it by mid week. 
Stay tuned for my 50lb milestone post tmrw.  I can’t wait to share it with you all!   
Unstoppable Gym Rocking Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment