Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thanking my Peeps

After writing my falling of the wagon post, I became really reflective.  I am totally amazed at how different and better my body feels and it made me think about a close friend who is significantly overweight as well.  I worry about her, I know she doesn't feel well, is tired and had all the feelings I have experienced.  I wish there was a way I could give her the feeling of healthy and what a difference in can make in your life.  I also understand that until a person reaches that ahh hhaaa point themselves they will likely not change.  It got me thinking . . . what and how did my friends impact me to change.

Heather-  I think of you as the believer.  You got me started on a triathlon.  Now this summer, I'm doing 2!   You came to me, you believed that I could do this so much, that I believed in myself too.  You took me swimming which was one of my biggest fears and now is something I love and find so much comfort and peace in.  I didn't share this with you yet, but I'm able to front crawl now!  Yes front crawl.  You saw me at my largest weight and still looked at me as someone who could accomplish a triathlon.  You have so much going on in your life, but made time for me and to help me find myself.  Your belief in your faith and people are un-describable. 

Michelle-  I think of you as the granola lady (a total compliment).  You are so humble, amazing and honest.  You barely knew me and accepting me and welcomed me so whole heartily.  Your commitment to your faith is inspiring to me as it reminds me so much of my Grandmother.  Your faith and devotion helped remind me that in my deepest darkest moments, that it was I who lost faith in God, but he never lost faith in me.  I walked into your home and felt so loved and welcomed. You and Heather together, you guys are UNSTOPPABLE and could honestly take on the world.  

Jason-  I think of you as my reality friend.  I never told you how much your friendship has meant to me.  I'm trying to figure out it I was more afraid of your wrath or disappointing you if I gave up.  I'll never forget the conversation you had with me when you told me that you and Angela would take Hannah if Paul and I signed up for the Biggest Loser.  It was a reality check for me for so many reasons.  You kinda slapped me in the face with the reality of really how unhealthy I was.  You did this in a way that was direct, but never insulting.  You were honest, but not hurtful.  You've always been here to remind me what I'm capable of doing and there to help me when I fall down.  I love that I can be 100% myself with you and know that you'll accept me for who I am.  You know how far I can be pushed without breaking me.  You introduced me to BUD, whom poor Paul gets a little envious of with all the love I give him.  Along this way I started realizing who was "real" in my life, you and Angela are those real people and I know we'll be friends for life.

Bri-  I think of you as my really hot friend!  While all of my friends are beautiful for obvious reason, Bri is totally HOT!  Okay sorry everyone, seriously she totally is.  Since she got the twins even more so.  You amaze me in your determination in body building.  When you talk about working out for hours on end, it reminds me that 30 minutes won't kill me.  We've talked about insecurities and doubts and you've always encourage me to keep pushing forward and reminded me of what I can accomplish.

Sari-  I think of you as my cheerleader.  You are so caring and already have the mother instinct.  You always have kind words of encouragement.  I was so touched by your care packaged for my Triathlon.  I was so proud to bring it along with me and carry it.  Your courage during your current battle reminds me I can accomplish anything.

Jen- (A prior fat girl), while we aren't yet friends, I still owe you a shout out.  Your inspired me to blog.  This tool has allowed me to explore my emotions and allowing me to worth thru the issues that caused me to gain the weight.  You are a role model, I use you as an example on how you can share about yourself openly.  Your blog inspired me to share my starting weight, to be courageous and share my feelings and struggles.


So to all you peeps, THANK YOU.  Thank you for being my friend, for helping me lose my weight, and for helping me find myself.  You have not only given me more happy years of my life, but you've given my family the gift of my life and me the gift of being part of my family's life.  Because of you all, I will be there to see Hannah get married and have children as well as grown old with my best friend.  I hope I am able to give back 1/10 of what you have given to me.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Unstoppable forever grateful Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment