Monday, March 28, 2011

Rock'n the Schedule

Driving home, I thought of at least a dozen reasons why I should skip jogging tonight.  My foot hurt, I had too much homework, it's cold outside, I'm tired, it's been a long day . . . I could keep going, but I'll spare you the BS.  I got home, changed into my new t-shirt and jacket from Pam (love them) and helped Paul make dinner.  Thought of a few more excuses and then sucked it up and went.  Guess what, it wasn't so bad.  If fact, it really helped me decompress from the craziness of the day.  There were a ton of deer out tonight and it was so peaceful.  I'm proud of myself for pushing thru the barrier and just doing it.   I'm finding I might at some point begin to like jogging, I feel little glimpses of it every once and awhile and it catches me by surprise.  My body is really starting to get used to it and when I jog/walk my body craves jogging for longer.  It's strange how body's change and get used to activity.

The first day of my new "schedule" and I must admit it was pretty successful.  I'm curious to see how it works for the rest of the week.   Paul and I have been trying new recipes.  We made these great breakfast egg cupcake thingies and they freeze well.  We made lemon thyme chicken with risotto tonight and it was also delish.  We had been getting in a rut with foods and I really enjoy trying new ideas. 

It's 9pm so it's off to spend some time with Paul and cuddle in bed, one my favorite times of the day besides picking up Belle from school.  Wish me luck on my weigh in tmrw :)

Unstoppable "schedule following" Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment