Thursday, March 10, 2011

Renewed Energy

I had a fantastic lunch today and got to meet two new wonderful women.   I’m honored that they read my blog and it makes me a little giddy.   I’m always taken back and a little surprised when I have readers outside my cute hubby.  This blog has become such integral part of my new healthy lifestyle.  Something about getting my emotions out of my head and onto paper is freeing and I’m much more able to sort it all out logically.   My emotions and logic often conflict with each other.  So on to these great women, they are also working out and getting healthy.  I got to share some of my story about the Trek Tri and learn a little bit about them.  We also talked about a book that I’m dying to get this weekend by the title Body-for-LIFE for Women: A Woman's Plan for Physical and Mental Transformation written by Pamela Peeke.  After talking to Heather, Jodi and Rose I have renewed energy and they fueled my motivation.  I love lunches that inspire me and get me excited!

Rose & Jodi my new friends, this is for you J
What if I told you I knew of an investment you could make that is guaranteed to pay out tenfold?  What would you be willing to invest?  What would your reservations be?  Would you be willing to put yourself out there?  Jodi and Rose, I’m going to challenge you to do so.  I promise you, it’s worth the investment.  You are both amazing woman and I believe in you just as Heather and Michelle believed in me.  The feeling of crossing that finish line is something I can’t put into words or draw into a picture.  I can share this, the person I am today, is a totally different person that I was when I started.  I’m a better everything because I accepted this challenge.  This investment in yourself, in your time, and financially, it pays tenfold.  The time I’ve set aside for training, those are years I’ve added to my life.  The money I’ve spend for registration, hotel, bike and food, that money will come back in the less doctor’s appointment or medications I may have needed, and well no consulting needed, any amount of anger or sadness I had, I just took it out on that darn treadmill I hate so much.  This investment in myself, it pays because I’m happier, I’m more balanced, I’m LIVING LIFE to its fullest.  You will never find a more amazing group of women to do something like this with, your support system here won’t let you down.  .  I’ll swim with you, I’ll bike with you, I’ll run . . I mean jog (I dream of running one day) as you run past me J  We have even talked about setting us some times this summer to get together as a group to do some training.   So my challenge to you, make the investment.   I hope I just didn’t lose 2 of my 5 readers.

So after my inspirational lunch, I have made a commitment of going jogging tonight.  I’m pretty excited since it’s so nice out and I haven’t worked out since my cold.  Today was the first day of not feeling like death warmed over.  I get nervous about jogging after I’ve been on a break but yet I’m still a little excited.  I dream of the day I can run run, like really run.  I sometimes feel goofy on the treadmill when Paul is pounding away breathing normal and I’m huffing and puffing at a 5.  I know I need to only compare myself to myself and I working hard to do so.  I’m starting a new journal routine this weekend where I’ll write down my distances and my time so I can just worry about me and see the progress.  Again, it’s all about finding the logic and dealing with the emotions.  Something I’m proud to say I’m getting rather good at.  I’ve really made headway on quieting the negative Nelly’s in my head and turning up the positive . . .(what should their names be?) . . . Positive Pauli’s! 

Unstoppable Challenging Mariah      

3 comments:

  1. Oh - and I meant to tell you I bought a food scale this weekend. Using it is enlightening! A medium potato? How about extra large?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy, Paul is an expert at it, I'm getting good, it totally is helpful and gets easier the more you use it. I can't even imagine how much a tator weights!

    ReplyDelete