Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thirsty Thursday!

After a stressful few weeks things are starting to look up.  In fact, they are looking fantastic.  I have Happy Hour tonight to celebrate my former manager exploring new opportunities.  I really enjoyed working for her and am really excited for her even though I know she will be very missed by her current group.  It’s a nice time to get together with peeps for a fun occasion after the craziness at work.


I also finished my last required Micro Econ homework and test.  I’m excited to announce I got 87% in the class, which means if I’m okay with getting a B in the class, I can skip the final because our lowest test grade is dropped.  I keep telling myself it’s okay to get a B and as one of my co-workers taught me . . . “B’s get degrees”!   This means I’m on class break until May 23rd, oh yeah, 2.5 weeks of freedom!


Pam and I have the Race for the Cure, Mothers Day 5K Sunday.  While my allergies are presenting me with some asthma I’m still looking forward to the event and hoping to jog at least ½ of it.  I’m hoping the adrenal pushes me through it.  I was able to get my shirt and race number today because I signed up with work.  I’m rock’n the number 5414! 


Things at work are calmer due to the layoffs being done in my organization and I’ve gotten great Kudos from my director on a communication tool I created.  In my previous job I was very confident in my knowledge and abilities, my new job (okay year old job) I’m still so green and learning.  It’s a great group that is always willing to pass on knowledge.  The group’s dynamic is really something special and I feel really lucky to be part of it.  I don’t think there has been a day I haven’t gone without laughing or learning something new, what a great combination.


Since I’m feeling in such a chipper mood I couldn’t let it go to waste and I made an appt with a nutritionist.  This is something I’ve wanted to do, but let my fear stop me.  So today, I sucked it up and called.  The lady on the phone was either new or just challenged because she asked me 4 times what I wanted to be seen for after I told her the nutritionist I wanted to see.  On the fourth time I wanted to yell, I’m fat and want to learn about food, but instead I calmly replied nutritional assessment.  My appt is for June 25th at 12:30.   At the moment I’m pretty darn proud of having the courage to go, let’s see if it lasts J  There’s also a new chiropractor a friend told me about that I’m looking at exploring as well to see if they might be able to help me out with my ankle issues.   

Unstoppable “Soon to be Beer drinking” Mariah

3 comments:

  1. Good for you making the appointment with a nutritionist! Hopefully you can get a lot out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still looking into the dietician/nutrionist idea. I was really good at logging my food for about 2 weeks using the Daily Burn app for the I-phone, then quit doing it. I want to get back at it so that I have something to show when and if I go. How did you decide on a nutrionist vs a dietician? Congratulations on your TRI by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Misty, I'm really looking forward to it.

    Sheshe, I just kinda jumped in without a whole lot of thought into it. I looked at HealthPartners (which is my health provider) and found the diet/nutrionist area and picked a doctor. I'm trying to go with the thought, the worse case senario is I waste $20 and one hour. If I don't like this, I may go see a dietician. I really like my BUD (check out bodymedia.com). I think you should try out a dietician/nutrionist, whats the worse that can happend right? :)

    Unstoppable Mariah

    ReplyDelete