Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Still Stuck :(

What did I learn at the nutritionist today? That I'm doing everything right and that plateaus happened.  Frustrating and happy at the same time.  I figured since I was doing everything right and it's not working well for the scale, I would try something wrong.  I know a bit childish and probably not the healthiest responds, but it was my responds. So I went to McDonald's, so bad, so wrong and guess what?  It was not as good as I remember.  I was waiting for the fries to taste like I remembered, for the chicken nuggets to make me smile but nada, it was just blah.  Good news, I won't be eating McDonald's anytime soon again.

After taking some time to reflect, I think I'm going to take a few days off.  A few days off from logging food, a few days off from weighing in, a few days off to just focus on other things.  Then after the weekend I'll think about my next steps.  I'm thinking about seeing a different nutritionist/dietitian, while my biggest fear was being told I needed to revamp everything, I'm disappointed not to get any feedback on what I can change.  I feel stuck and worse, I feel stopped in my tracks.  I'm unstoppable Mariah, I don't want to stop!  I know I need to look at NSV (none scale victories) and I will, but for a few days, I just want to clear my head. I have other options to look into and I will when I'm ready to.  I'm so thankful I have the 5K with the priorfatpack Monday, this will help get me feeling chipper and ready to focus again.

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement.  It helps me so much during this vulnerable days.  It helps me stay Unstoppable.  I promise I haven't given up, I won't give up, I love myself too much for this to hold me back for long.

Unstoppable "McDonald's Eating" Mariah

2 comments:

  1. Hugs! having some of this myself

    one thing that helped me a lot was reading When Food is love by Geneen Roth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me are kindred spirits. I'm at the EXACT same place. Lets talk this weekend. You are NOT alone. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete