Monday, May 9, 2011

Searching for brick walls to smash

I woke up this morning feeling like a very old woman.  While I didn’t make my desired time, my body doesn’t seem to know that.  It feels like instead of the walk/jog of 15.7 minute miles, that I ran 10 minute miles.   I’m starting to fall in love with working out hard enough to make my body ache the next day.  Not that it horribly screams at me, but each sore muscle reminds me of a job well done.

My post yesterday was pretty emotional for me, but I don’t want people to think I’m giving up.  The truth is, if I didn’t have set backs, I wouldn’t push harder.  Each wall speed bump I hit, makes me so much stronger and more determined.  I often think of The Last Lecture by Randy Paush.  I’m a Tigger.  I bounce, bounce, bounce.  He talks about brick walls being put there to stop the people who don’t want it bad enough.   I view each and every wall or speed bump as character building.  Every time I’m willing to smash down a wall or remove a speed bump, I build up my myself. 
Yesterday was a perfect example of that.  If it’s simple to overcome or there is nothing to overcome, there is no reward or sense of accomplishment for a job well done.   I’m thankful for those who love me unconditionally and accept me for my faults and flaws.  They continue to push me and motivate me to be Unstoppable Mariah.  You know who you are and I’m sending you all big hugs. 

I think I’m going to start posting my BUD information online.  It would be a great way to be more accountable for logging my food and to keep motivated for my steps and burning calories.  I didn’t log my food yesterday or today, but I will promise to log them tmrw. 

Calories Burned- 4112
Calories Consumed- not logged
Moderate Physical Activity- 132 Minutes
Vigorous Physical Activity- 48 minutes
Total Physical Activity- 3 hours
Steps Taken- 16,486
Sleep Duration- 6:46
Sleep Efficiency- 82%

Unstoppable “learning to love roadblocks and speed bumps” Mariah

1 comment:

  1. I love your outlook and positive attutide!!! You are going to be SO successful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete