Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh yes, I eat veggies!

Okay, so yes, I know you are supposed to eat vegetables.  But I have to be quite honest with you.  I was never a vegetable or fruit eater.  Just ask my Mom, she made me promise if I was ever famous I would give her the credit due to not making me eat those nasty veggies.  However on my new quest for health, I'm diligently trying new vegetables.  It may take me 20 times of eating the same one to find I actually may like it.  In fact, don't tell anyone, but I think I might be starting to like cucumbers and tomatoes.  Me liking vegetables is like saying pigs fly,it just doesn't happen and yet . . . magically it's seeming to.  Today I found out you can eat 1/2 cup of cauliflower for 14 calories.  SERIOUSLY 14 calories.  I'm in love!

Today was a little more of a struggle with food.  I've been doing good since Sunday,but felt frustrated with having to make good decisions today.  I think part of it was being tired.  I kinda felt like a 2 year old and just wanted to say, I don't wanna.  I went out to lunch with a good friend who has breast cancer and will be starting chemo this week.  One of her other close friends was there who had lost her husband in a quick and unexpected death this past summer.  Talking to Priya and Sari helped me shake my funk and reminded me what we have control over and what we don't.  I choose the grilled chicken tacos and only ate one.  Not bad considering my old choice would have been a deep fried chimichanga smothered in happy cheese and goo (darn it, I think I just drooled).  The grilled taco was so good and I didn't really feel like I missed out on anything. 

When I get overwhelmed I keep reminding myself what Jen (priorfatgirl.com) told us this weekend, one bite at a time, one decision at a time.  I take one food decision at a time.  The other day I was offered a cupcake what seemed like a bazillion times, I kept saying no thank you.  I don't have to worry about all the times I'll turn down sweets, chips etc.  I just need to work thru one day at a time, one event at a time.  This makes it seem so much simpler.

Unstoppable (Veggie Eater) Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment