Sunday, January 23, 2011

Burrrr, It's cold outside

Whooo hoooo, I did it, I made it, I'm still ALIVE.  I ventured outside for my first run out in the cold MN winter.  With windchill it was below 0, BELOW 0!!!  It was so cool both figuratively and literally.  I actually enjoyed myself a little bit.  My lungs are still recovering because they burned in the cool air.  It's almost 90 minutes later and my chest still hurts some. On Tuesday I'll bundle up a scarf around my neck tighter.  I'm ready to keep plugging away and getting used to running outside in the cold.  I'm so proud of myself because I overcame the fact I really didn't want to go today.  I just told myself it was less then 30 minutes out of my day and I just needed to suck it up.  Change requires commitment and I'm committed to change.

Paul and I did our Sunday night routine in  preparing for the week and getting our meals in line.  This week was much easier then last week.  I think we are getting the hang of it.  This week it didn't seem like such a chore.  I think after realizing how much it helped us be successful I have a different view of it. 

I start classes again tomorrow night.  I'm always get the before school jitters.  For fellow people struggling with their weight, they understand some of the feelings I have before meeting new people.  I walk into a room full of strangers and often feel like all they see is my extra weight and not the person I really am.  My inner voice tells me, why would people like you, your fat.  I'm working hard to change that inner voice to be a positive influence instead being so negative.  Tomorrow night, I'm going to work on being the confident person  I know that hides underneath those fears.  I will remind myself that I'm a loving, caring, funny individual regardless of my weight.

Unstoppable FREEZING Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment