Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sabotage No More

Good Afternoon-

I started this blog to help me talk thru my emotions.  I figured since my emotions got me here maybe in turn they would take me out.  Instead of dealing with my emotions I would stuff them deep down side by stuffing my face full of food. 

Figuring this all out leaves you vulnerable and naked, but at the same time, it feels good to shed the layers and find myself.  Those who love me unconditionally thru this journey will be there in the end, but it's also hard parting with those who don't.

When you start losing weight, while you think everyone will be supportive, you will also find those who quietly try to sabotage you.  It's easier for them to do that so they feel less guilty or bad about who they are. 

I went to a seminar this weekend and it really opened my eyes to finding who those saboteurs are around me and how I allow myself to be open to them.  Today I choose to be different and stand tall and strong against them.  I will no longer allow myself to be distracted by them.  Please remind me of this when I am feeling weak.

Sunday morning I started a new breakfast routine.  Veggies in my eggs.  Oh yes, I never liked veggies as a child.  Slowly I am learning to like them.   I figured if I eat them often enough they will grow on me as my other new food choices did.  I'm happy to say as of this morning, I'm down 42lbs from my biggest weight.  I know if I keep making the right choices I'll be able to keep adding to that number.

Unstoppable Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment