Monday, January 24, 2011

I curse you Wii Fit board

Welcome to Monday!  I jumped on my Wii Fit board this morning and almost threw the darn thing out the window.  It obviously didn’t understand or have sympathy for the fact I worked out both days this weekend.  It didn’t care that I found muscles I didn’t know I had and they ached as I got up out of bed this morning.  Nor did it care that I totally rocked running outside in spite of my burning lungs.  Damn you Wii fit board!  Okay, I feel better now after getting that off my chest.  I was only up +.08 of a pound, but that still enough to leave me a bit frustrated.  Looking back at my eating this weekend I do notice I’ve had more salt then usual and I didn’t drink as much water as I should have.  I’m sure that has contributed weight gain that caused my Wii melt down this morning.  I will not let this SMALL setback stop me from moving forward.

My goals this week are as follows:  1- meet my 100 oz water goal 6 days this week, 2- get 3 workouts in this week, 3- to journal my food everyday this week.  These goals are realistic (eating that elephant one bite at a time) and achievable.   I’m learning the key is to make it simple. Scheduling things makes it simple for me.  So Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday are my workout days this week.  If I get Sunday in, that will be a bonus!   

Today to help build my confidence for school tonight, I wore my cute skirt, boots, my new necklace and curled my hair.  I’m  feeling rather spunky.  I printed out my class materials from online and have them neatly tucked away in a folder.  While this took extra time for all of these preparations, it also makes me feel good and more confident.  I feel prepared and ready to take on the world.  Silly how clothes and printing some papers out can do that for you, but hey it works for me so I’m sticking with it.  I used to hate wearing skirts, but since I found my cute boots that go up to my knees I love them.  I hate my legs and the boots cover them and the boots are so darn cute!  I have visions of more skirts being purchased as I continue to lose pounds.  I find myself wanting to dance around and twirl when I wear skirts . . .I wonder what my co-workers think of my odd behaviors.  Guess they are probably starting to get used to it as my husband and daughter have.

Unstoppable Confident (and not wii fit board throwing) Mariah

2 comments:

  1. How did today go Mariah...Ohhh...Cute boots-what size do you wear? I have a brand new pair of boots that are too big and have no desire to return them-They are yours if you can fit into a 7 1/2 boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It went wonderful, thanks for asking. I have HUGE feet . . . (blushing) size 10. You would think I would be more balanced for having such a good platform but no such luck! Thank you for the offer :)

    ReplyDelete