Thursday, June 2, 2011

A picture paints 1,000 words

The first thoughts that popped into my head when I saw the picture of me sprinting across the finish line at the 5K weren’t pleasant or self affirming thoughts.  They were more along the line of holy cats, I’ve lost 50 some lbs and still look big.  My second thought was wow, my fat chub moves in one direction and the rest moves in another(may be TMI, but specifically my chest, it’s totally swinging the other way).  Thirdly, oh man, people saw me like that and now it’s captured in a photo forever and posted on the WWW for everyone and their grandma to see.  I thought of wearing a mask next time to hide my identity.  Then I took a second look and saw something and I almost got whip lash because I saw something kinda magical.  It brought tears to my eyes then and brings them again as I write this post.  Can you see it?  Let me point it out to you. 





Yeah, that’s air, guess why there was air . . . cause I was sprinting.  Oh yeah, all 250 some lbs of me is literally off the ground cause I’m KICKING BUTT!!!!!  This picture now reflects something totally different for me.  This picture represents an amazing woman accomplishing something she didn’t think she could do.  That I didn’t have the courage to do, that I would never have even dared to try.  This picture that shows the air between my feet and pavement is reflective of who I am and the person I’m becoming.  I now love this picture and view it at beautiful.  When I start to doubt myself or my journey, I will look at this picture and remember that I’m not only UNSTOPPABLE, AMAZING, COURAGEOUS, and all those good things, but I can now add FLYABLE too J

Unstoppable “catching air” Mariah

4 comments:

  1. hell yeah!!

    "This picture represents an amazing woman accomplishing something she didn’t think she could do"

    Conquer the unthinkable and rule your world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RAWR!!!!!!!
    Cmon!!! Give it to me!!! You know you want to baby!!!! RAWR!!!! You got this I am so freakin inspired by you and so proud to know you and so blessed to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell YEA!!!RawRRRRRRR!!! check that air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE TIMES A MILLION. That's all. Just love.

    ReplyDelete