Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Go Commando!!!

I tried something new and daring again . . . . imagine that right?  Ever heard of Go Commando, okay get your mind out of the gutter, it's not about not wearing undies, it's a mud run.  Go Commando dubs it, a "5K adventure run" with 13 crazy adventures built into it.  It was WAY fun.  There was a big group of us that went, including Paul (my hubby), Molly (my sister), Scott (my younger brother) and Megan (married to Scott).  There were also members of my Tri Family so it was one big happy group which made this event even more fun.
 
I was a little taken back on how challenging a few of the obstacles were for me, specifically the horizontal cargo net you had to crawl across.  I'm not a little gal and you basically had to pull your body with your arms, but I'm really really excited to tell you I completed each and every obstacle regardless of how hard it was.  I was slow, but steady and I did it!!!   My favorite obstacle was the big waterslide tube thingy, it was fast, cold, wet and FUN!  They had an inspiring flag that reminded us something along the lines of "Don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits".  I like that thought.  It worked out well that Molly and Scotty teamed up together and Megan, Pauly and I stuck together.   I'm not sure how long it took us because they didn't have a clock at the end.  Instead I was greeted by Scotty with a big hug and a nice throw down in the mud, he didn't think I looked dirty enough.

I find myself in a different mindset that I have been in the past.  It goes back to my newest outlook of not just surviving an event, but thriving .  I have stopped worrying about my times and starting focusing on the adventure, the fun, the feelings that go along with exercising my body and how good it feels.  When I get too focused on time, I feel like I fail and I don't enjoy myself at all, I respect that others need their times, it just isn't of value for me right now. I'm sure I'll get to a point where it will be, but I'm just at a different point in my journey.  Once I take the time focus out and just focus on being healthy and enjoying my time, it's a whole different experience.  I start wanting work out, not because I'll lose weight, but because it makes me feel good, because I enjoy the feeling, because it's fun.

I've already committed to doing Go Commando next year, I'm hoping we can get an even bigger group to join us.  It was some seriously fun obstacles.  Who's going to Go Commando with me???

Unstoppable "Commando wearing undies" Mariah

5 comments:

  1. OH WOW! That sounds like a lot of fun! I am super proud of you for taking on and conquering this challenge! You are Unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome race!!! next year, I am totally in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee, Ann is joining us! Who else is interested? When is the last time you got to climb a haybale or jump over fire?

    Now Mariah is leaving out that the next morning she got up and swam 1/2 mile no problem. Mariah - you continue to inspire me! :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you said you were doing this, I must have missed this post, I was waiting for you to post about it!! Congratulations it looks like you had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all, it was so much fun, and it was way hilarious. I really hope a bunch of peeps do it next year again, cause it was so fun in a group. Please think about comming to join us :)

    Mariah

    ReplyDelete