Tuesday, July 5, 2011

5 more sleeps

This is just a quick post to let you know 5 more sleeps till Trek.  Race anxiety is setting in.  On lunch today, I printed out my time last year, it broke down as Swim= 27:11, T1= 4:50, Bike= 1:08:11, T2= 3:12 and Run 49:29 for a grand total time of 2:32:55. 

Last year, I survived the Tri, I started my journey, it was the start of the foundation of my new life.  This year, my goal is to THRIVE during the Tri, I enjoy it, to get a PB (personal best).  I'm confident I'll beat my time of last year, I would like to be under 2:15 with a stretch goal of under 2 hours.  I started breaking down my times, how fast I would have to swim, bike, run and trans times and I'm starting to freak out a little. 

I have to remember to step back and remind myself what I'm doing and why.  I love the friendships developed, I love the person I'm becoming, I love the way doing things like this makes my body feel.  When I'm in love with this, I do better, I need to focus on being the best Mariah I can be, the rest will come naturally.

I had a great weekend and I got together with a friend for a great talk, which I'll blog more about later.  Just wanted to touch base.  Hope you all had a wonderful and safe July 4th!

Unstoppable "day counting" Mariah

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your race! You will do amazing. Sounds a bit exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers for a fantastic race and conditions! You'll be Unstoppable "Amazing" Mariah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year during your first Trek Triathlon, Sally Edwards (female Triathlon Queen) gave Mariah (& all the women in her wave) the word "UnSTOPpable". Sally also personally put the medal around Mariah's neck at the finish line. I am so excited for this year's trip! I wonder what Mariah's word will be this year?
    :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the person you are, and the person you are becoming. Wish I could be there to cheer you on! Saturday, I'll be doing a 45 mile bike ride, but you will be IN MY THOUGHTS all morning!! MUCH LOVE TO YOU, MARIAH!!!! You are the best. And you are going to totally ROCK that tri!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you!!! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to be great! I now have to look up this Trek! :)

    ReplyDelete