Thursday, July 14, 2011

ARGHH!!!!!!

I predicted it, I knew it was coming, I saw it from far away, gosh darn it  . . . . . . I’m up in weight since my injury.  My food choices haven’t been great, the minute I hurt my foot I felt back to 306lbs.  When I look in the mirror, I see the person I used to be and feel like I have little to no control to get back to the new Mariah.  The thing is, I do have the power, I have the power in my food choices.  I’m just having a hard time making the right ones.  I am an emotional eater and right now my emotions seem to rule me. 

I guess part of it is, that I don’t want to be in this place.  I don’t want to be hurt, I don’t want to have a setback, I don’t want to be here, I want to be back to where I was a week ago.  But the bottom line is, I’m here and I must deal with being here to move forward. 

If I can learn to control my food, deal with my emotions and move forward, it will be such a huge accomplishment.  It will be something that sticks with me forever.  It stinks that it’s hard, but I keep telling myself the victory will be that much sweeter.  My success will be that much greater.  I will prove to myself that I’m worth it.  I deserve a healthy, wonderful  and long life.  I find it ironic that I used to put up all these obstacles and I was complacent in allowing myself to do so, but then, when a real obstacle such as my foot gets in the way, I’m livid.  I’m angry, upset and depressed.  Hello Mariah, you do this all the time in other ways.  I will stop adding obstacles to my already challenging journey.  I will focus on what I can control, I will focus on what I can change, I will focus on being UNSTOPPABLE. 

Unstoppable "frustrated" Mariah

4 comments:

  1. That is an excellent place to focus!!! Now, let yourself off the hook for a couple of days of emotional eating. Get back to the woman who accomplished everything you've accomplished. I'm not just talking weight loss here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink lots of water!!! Remember the WW secrets you learned. Say a prayer when you feel a food weakness. It helped me to say a prayer and thank God for help when I quit smoking. On the flip side I understand your frustration. It was easier to quit smoking than to lose weight. Molly helped me to understand that best one day when she said I could totally quit smoking, but couldn't just quit eating. I had to make better food quality and quantity. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I feel proud. I figured out how to post a comment. What an accomplishment! I will do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and understand where you are. Lots of supoort. Xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete