Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Unexpected Opportunities

You guys are so wonderful with your comments and support.  It makes me feel so blessed and not alone in finding my path.  I can’t even begin to explain how much you all help me along my way.  Without this blog, I think I would have “stopped” and gave up a long time ago. 

While this weekend was extremely emotionally difficult, I did have a ton of fun.  I was really worried that being a “non-participate” would mean I would miss out of the magic of Trek.  It turns out I was 100% incorrect.  It was so magical and amazing and I had the opportunity to have a new and great view point of Trek.  My Tri family is filled with amazing women each unique and special in their own ways.   I loved having a chance to get to know them each better and learn more every time we get together. 

One of the highlights of the trip was to share my blogging card with Sally Edwards which prominently showed my name as “Unstoppable Mariah”, she was touched by how much the word she gave me helped me.  I felt so proud and happy that I continue to move forward in my journey and not give up.  Another highlight was seeing all of the members of my Tri family in the Triathlon.   Normally since I’m the last one in, I don’t get to see my fellow team members.  Sunday, I got to see everyone and cheer them on.  Since I couldn't physically participate in the race, I decided that my job was to cheer as hard as I could for all of the courageous women on the course.  I remembered how those angelic voices helped me last year and I was going to pay it forward.   At times, I got distracted which cheering for everyone that I would be pleasantly surprised to see a familiar face.  As quick as I could I would cheer out for them and snap some pictures.    Some of the sadness of not being a swimmer, biker and runner melted away when I would see someone move faster because I cheered them on.  I was inspired by the women of all shapes, sizes and age and their commitment to complete the Triathlon.  Instead of having tears of sadness running down my face, I felt tears of joy for the participants and how they would feel after finishing.

While I wasn’t able actually do the race this weekend, I’m still Unstoppable.  I REFUSE to give up.   This weekend wasn’t a loss or failure by any means.  This weekend gave me the opportunity to continue to find myself and define the person I want to be.  I don’t want to be a big sour puss that falls down and can’t get back up (imagine of “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” playing my head, hee he heeh he).  I want to be a strong amazing woman who falls down, shakes the dust off, learns from it and starts back up again.  I want to support my fellow peeps unconditionally and was shown such unconditional love and respect this weekend.   I quoted this on a previous blog, “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain”.  Let it rain, cause I’m in the mood to dance!

Unstoppable "crutch dancing" Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment