Friday, April 1, 2011

Tomorrow is the big day

I had a great time at my lunch gathering  yesterday and was inspired by learning more about others experiences.  The timing was a bit ironic  and proved to be a much needed lunch that gave me a lot to think about.  I’ve been trying to find my way back into going to church but have had some issues finding the right fit for my family.  With the new group of woman I was introduced to and their faith, I’m confident I’ll figure it out.

Some of my fellow Tri family members had been talking about doing an indoor Triathlon in April, after looking at some of the costs, Kristi came up with a fantastic idea.  She only has a limited amount of visitor passes to lifetime, but was gracious enough to offer one to Heather, Michelle and myself.  April 10th we will be doing an indoor Tri.  You swim for 10 minutes, bike for 30 and run for 20.  I’m so thankful that she’s willing to part with her visitor passes as it saves me $50 dollars and it’s less overwhelming when doing it with 3 friends.   Plus it gives me additional motivation during my biking and jogging.

I’m overly ecstatic and nervous for the priorfatgirl gathering tomorrow. This will be the first time I’ve shared my journey in a public speaking environment.  I find that I grow when I am willing to be vulnerable and open with others.  It’s so darn scary to be so open and honest with people but I love how strong I become from doing it.  I guess it’s like exercising in that way.  I get scared and nervous almost every time I hit the gym or exercise outside, but every time I’m willing to take that risk, I grow.   I think the best part about getting to share my story is being in such a welcoming caring group of people.  It’s such a safe and inviting environment that I know and trust it will go great.  My wonderful cousin Pam will be participating in the event with me and it’s great to know I’ll have a smiling face back at me when I stand up there. 

Today I will leave you with this, when I started my journey, I did not have the courage to be the person I am today.  I would not have publicly spoke or blogged about my journey.  I would not have gone back to school and been successful and I would not have pushed my boundaries.   I love my new life, I will continue to push myself, explore new opportunities and continue to grow from all of the experiences life offers, even when I don’t like them (like working out).    

Unstoppable “shrinking on the outside, but growing on the inside” Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment