Friday, April 22, 2011

Bonus!

I'm starting to feel like normal, I have yet to sound like normal, but it's okay, it will come in the next few days.  I actually miss working out that causes me to breath hard.  Crazy huh?  I'm hoping I'll be back by Monday as next Saturday is the big free Triathlon. 

I left work a little early yesterday to meet Paul at the doctor's office for our appt to discuss permanent birth control.  While I had been dreading it all week and it had gotten off to a rocky start, it turned out to be quite an interesting and somewhat humorous event.  At the end of the day, I'm feeling much more comfortable and ready for this step then I did last week. The biggest thing I'm feeling at this point is now relief, an unexpected and welcomed emotion. 

After the appt, we dropped Belle of at her first group sleep over (11 other tween girls).  Paul and I then met up with the Laughlin's to celebrate Angela's 30th B-day.  We stopped at Pittsburgh Blue for happy hour and I had the most delish pomegranate martini.  I tried to nurse my drink because about 1/2 thru it I realized I was getting tipsy.  My new healthy lifestyle uncovered a BONUS, I'm now a cheap drunk.  Before I used to be able to be almost fishlike before feeling much, now 1/2 martini and I'm giggling like a schoolgirl.  We then headed to awesome flippy food for a great dinner and conversation.   It was great being part of celebrating Angela turn 30.

We tried to sleep in this morning, but a downfall of my healthy lifestyle is not being able to sleep in for hours on end like I used to.   I love the extra energy, but I do love sleeping in.  We were both up by 7:00, but did spend some time cuddling in bed and talking.  I missed Hannah like crazy, but it was really fun with it being just Paul and I for most of the day.  The house isn't the same without her, it did give me a glimpse into the future of what life would be like once she's grown an on her own.  Bittersweet.  We did a bunch of shopping and running around picking things up.  I've been surprised when trying on clothes lately.  I'm not recognizing my body in the mirror anymore.  It feels strange to see parts of my body that look almost "normal".   I still have a significant amount of weight to lose but for example, my ribcage under my chest, I'm not sure how much smaller that will ever get.  I'm so much picker about what I'll wear now and I like trying new and different clothes.  It used be be an experience I dreaded and was just willing to pick what I was able to fit into.  Now I fit into a TON more clothes but I really want to like what I'm wearing.

I'm so excited for this weekend.  Tonight we spent the evening getting this ready for St Cloud.  We are spending the night Saturday which means card play, BSing and a few beers (again, I'm cheap so this will rock).   I also am making my to die for crepes for my family and I can't wait to share them.  Paul and I promised to keep each other in balance this weekend as we are both really wanting to get to our next goals for weight.  

I'm going to try to post tmrw, but incase I don't have a chance, I wish you all a wonderful and blessed Easter.

Unstoppable "cheap drunk" Mariah

4 comments:

  1. yaa glad you are starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a busy weekend and lots of fun plans!!! I get so excited when you talk about the triathlon, it's like I get butterflies for you!! You are so dedicated to this new life style and trying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few things - (deserving of a numbered list)
    1. I'm a cheap drunk, too. I always tell Jay "he's welcome" for my new lower tolerance.
    2. I wish I had known the free sprint tri was this weekend - I would have totally done it! Now I'm registered for the Get In Gear 10k on Saturday.
    3. I'M GETTING A ROAD BIKE!!! So now I can DO the races, and we can totally do things together! I know you're busy with life, but we really should walk, run, bike, or just enjoy coffee together.... because
    4. You're awesome and I totally dig you. :) Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally do love my new lifestyle, it's really growing on me.
    Great numbered list, I can't wait to hear about the 10 K, way to go on the road bike. You gotta name it, now it's part of your family :)

    ReplyDelete