Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Could I be just a little bit insane?

I have been neglecting my blog lately due to other priorities but have been missing writing.  I’m recovering from a nasty cold which has me indoor bound an unable to exercise without loosing a lung J  I spent most of Monday and Tuesday sleeping in bed.  I still can't believe today is already Wednesday.
We had a fantastic weekend that started with Paul purchasing his new bike on Saturday and finding out about a FREE yes I said FREE Sprint Triathlon.   Two years ago you couldn’t have paid me to sign up and now I am so excited I can hardly stand still.   There is a whole group of us signed up, I’m only hoping I start feeling better soon so I can get a few more runs and bikes in before the event.    
Sunday we explore a new church with Heather and her family and then headed to the YMCA for weight lifting and swimming.  I’m so blessed to Heather in my life and feel honored to share new experiences with her.  I did however curse her a little both Monday and Tuesday and well, yes a little today as I’m still sore from the weights Sunday.  When I woke up Monday with a sore body, I couldn’t tell if it was from working out, or from being sick.  Afterwards, we headed to Kristi’s to pick up my newest BFF the elliptical.  I’m still thinking of a name for it.  I love to name things, I don’t know why, I guess it’s just part of my crazy Mariah personality.   After getting it home, while I had already lifted weights and  swam 1/3 of a mile, I had to break in the elliptical, so I popped on there for 15 minutes and rocked out.  Paul came home from lunch with his friend that helped us move the elliptical and he wanted to take his bike out for it’s first ride.  How could I miss that . . . so we went for a bike ride, 6 miles.   Yes, life is different than it used to be, before weekends consisted of sleeping in late, eating out, watching tv, barley moving.  Now it seems like weekends are all about getting our body's moving.   All of the working out helped me not feel the least bit guilty when splitting a piece of cake with Pauly while celebrating birthdays with the Primmer Clan.  While we struck out in being able to have more children of our own, Paul and I are very blessed when it comes to nieces and nephews.   I love being Auntie Mariah and I love seeing how much Paul is adored as an Uncle Pokey (because of his stubble on his beard).
I was adding all of my uncommon events to my calender and I counted them .  Holy cow, they’ve added up quickly.  I’m participating in 8 events this year.  Holy cats, I went from 1 event last year to 8.  Addicted . . hummm, maybe?!  While I get nervous each time I say yes to one, I also get so excited for the challenge.  Maybe I’m taking this Unstoppable Mariah to the extreme.  Me, no  . . Never J
Unstoppable “looking for a name for my elliplcital” Mariah

2 comments:

  1. Did you do Body Pump at the Y for the weight lifting? I used to do that class 3x a week, we left the Y and went to a new gym they have Body Pump but the classes are always so packed!!! Glad your feeling better!!! Look at all those events, you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete