Saturday, April 2, 2011

WOW, I'm almost speechless

I had an amazing day and it's only 5:30pm.  The event was in so many ways indescribable, but I'll do my best to do it justice. I feel beyond blessed that I got to share my story.   It was so darn cool, I left feeling as empowered, motivated and excited as I did at the last gathering.  I love having a group of women to help support each other in their journeys.  This group so much more then about a number on the scale or how fast you can jog or bike.  Everyone supports each other openly and respects each others differences. This group is focused on the journey to finding healthy in a balanced and livable way.  Sharing my story was emotional but freeing and reminds me of how far I've come and what I've accomplished. 

After sharing my journey, Jen asked who would be willing to take on a challenge and sign up for a Tri next summer.  We had a huge group of women to sign up.  My goal is to help each one succeed in this journey.  My wheels are turning on how I can provide the same great support I received along my way.  I plan to organize some opportunities for us to run, jog and/or bike together.  I have this vision of the support and excitement we will all be able to offer each other along the way.  Someone very close to me and near and dear to my heart agreed signed up as well. I'm thrilled and can't wait to support her along her way.  Imagine having a support group the whole way during training and cheering you in as you cross the finish line.  I talked to both Heather and Michelle today.  Heather came to the gathering even after her 2 mile race today and her busy schedule, talk about feeling loved :).  I wanted to share with them how they impacted me and how I'm impacting others, and those people are impacting others in turn.  Paying it forward ten-fold.  

This new unfolding event means I will be participating in my 3rd Triathlon this summer (I really am unstoppable) so I can know what the race is like and provide people with some feedback on what to expect.  The event I'm proposing to do is the YWCA Triathlon in August.   Anyone is welcome to join me this year or to come cheer on those participating.  I'm also looking to add people to the group for next year.  You can have partners if you feel it's too much to do the whole event.  This means you can pair up with two other people and each do 1 leg (swim, bike, or run) and completed it as a team.  Come on peeps, I know you can do this, take the challenge, read about it, think about it, dream about it, DARE TO TRI! 

My husband is so amazing, last night I got cute new summer hair, and this morning I left early to get to the event.  He made me breakfast and bed and was cleaning when I got home.  He's so supportive of me doing whatever I need to do to be healthy.  Pam and I did our THIRD 5k afterwards.  We are totally rocking it and again shaved minutes off our time.  I love jogging with her, I mean love love love it.  I don't necessarily like the jogging part, but I love spending the time with her and since I dislike jogging, she makes it bearable.  She actually makes it fun.

Unstoppable "daring you to Tri" Mariah

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story at the PFG Coffee and Conversation event. You're a wonderful, moving, speaker and it was a pleasure to spend the morning with you. I'm excited to join you for a tri too!

    ReplyDelete