Sunday, April 10, 2011

What a great day!

I had been in a bit of a funk the past few days and was trying to figure out how to cope.  Before when I was in a funk, I would eat.  I'm to the point in my journey where I know I don't want to use food as a coping mechanism, but am still working thru finding how to cope in healthy ways.  It was frustrating and overwhelming and I felt stuck.  Today, I got unstuck!  I did a mini indoor triathlon with friends.  It was GREAT.  I also jumped on the wii board to weight myself and it gave me a big thumbs up with -2.6lbs!  WHOO HOOOO!!!

Part of my funk came because I wasn't part of the final 10 for priorfatgirl mother edition.  I honestly had mixed feelings about it.  I was sad not to be picked, but at the same time, I'm so excited about being "Unstoppable Mariah" that I wasn't sure I was ready to give it up.  I'm feeling like I'm on the right path for me, but it's always hard to not be picked for something.  I know the other women will be amazing and have faith that I'm where I'm supposed to be right now.  I also know that just because I didn't become a priorfatgirl blogger, that doesn't make me any less amazing in my own way.  It just means it's not the right place for me at this time.  Guess you'll just be stuck reading me as Unstoppable Mariah :)  I really do love that name.

I'm so impressed and excited for how far I've come in my fitness level.  I'm doing things I never thought possible and I'm proud of the woman I'm becoming.  It was great talking to Heather, Michelle and Kristi.  While we all have our own stories and paths, it's amazing to find the similarities.  I find such power in "female" bonding.  The crazy part is I was completely stressed and worried before I did the indoor triathlon today.  I can't figure out why I get all freaked out before hand.  I'm hoping my success today helps me find calm for when we do it again in the future.  I guess in so many ways I'm worried I won't do well enough.  Which is just silly to worry about, the fact I have the courage and strength to go swimming, biking and walk/jogging on a Sunday morning, means I'm a winner, winner chicken dinner!  Guess what else I was able to do today, I did 2 miles walk/jog in 30 minutes.  That's 15 minute miles.  My goal for 5k's and the Triathlons. 

Afterward we stopped for lunch at a cute family owned restaurant.  The food and conversation were fantastic.  I mentioned to Kristi how much I love the elliptical.  She happened to have one she's looking to sell.  I went and looked at it, and YUPPIE, my loving husband agreed to let me get it.  I can't wait to bring it home.  I think it's going to become almost as beloved as BUD.  It's the one thing that will get me out of bed early. 

Unstoppable "one more Tri bites the dust" Mariah

3 comments:

  1. Mariah - I just love you and your awesome attitude. Since I met you last weekend I have been so inspired and rejuvenated in my quest for health! Regardless of where you blog - I will be reading and supporting you every step of the way! I can't wait to see you again! We'll have to do a 5K together this summer! And I am looking in to getting a bike - BECAUSE OF YOU!!!! Have a great week! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to your mixed feelings of not moving on to possibly become the next priorfatgirl. I felt the same way. You are totally inspiring! All you healthy bloggers that live close together make me want to move...even if I would be moving from beautiful arizona to freezing weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. It means so much to me that people read and comment. It also reminds me to keep just trucking forward. I love getting to know everyone better.

    ReplyDelete