Monday, February 21, 2011

YES! I am Obese!

WHOO HOOO, I am now obese with a BMI of 39.2.  Why am I cheering to be obese, because previously I was morbidly obese.  At my highest measured weight I had a BMI of 46.5. I'll never forget the day morbid obesity was added to my medical chart.  Part of me wants to pay the $20 co-pay just to go to the doctor to get my chart updated to obese, but I think I need to put that $20 to better use, like a new shirt :)  This morning weight in brings me 1.7lbs away from my 50 lbs mark.  It was slow and painful last week, I'm hoping this week yields better results. 
I ended up with the 24hr stomach bug Sunday but am feeling much better today.  Paul and I rocked the gym Saturday when we started our tri training program.   The treadmill is still my enemy but I figured out why.  When I do the treadmill I'm constantly comparing myself to everyone else in the flippen world.   That in turn makes me feel like I'm never doing enough or feel good about what I accomplish.  I ended up having to cover the display up and Paul showed me how to do interval timing with it as well.  This helps by not allowing me to use the display to rate how I'm doing.  Once I do that, I'm jogging fast then I think I am.  I also figured another way to help me along, I'm going to start logging my time, distance and speed.  This way, I'm comparing myself against me, I'm seeing my progress and not focusing on anyone else.
I can't believe how different my fitness level is today compared to when I started training for my first triathlon.  I was only able to walk a mile in 20 minutes, I'm now able to fast walk/jog a mile in about 15 minutes.  I struggled to bike 3 miles in 30 minutes, I biked 8 miles in 25 minutes the other day.  My first attempt at swimming laps at a hotel pool . . . well sadly I could barley do one lap, today I can swim multiple laps.  I can't even begin to imagine what this years triathlons will be like, I'm so beyond excited for them. 
I'm doing well sticking with my training program, since I might not be able to bike tmrw, I moved it to today.  My "saddle" isn't trained like it was at the end of last summer so it's taking a little bit of time to get used to sitting on a bike seat again.  Plus I like to think I have less padding now then I did before.  I'm thankful for my indoor bike trainer on snowy days like this!

Unstoppable "Obese" Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment