Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh what a change

Happy Friday to everyone.  I’m feeling very excited and optimistic about the weekend.   I’m going to buy a new swimsuit for my mini tri, something to hold everything in once place J  We are heading out to the pool Saturday to get swimming laps in as well as the gym Sunday to get my biking and treadmill in.   My little niece Sydney is coming for a sleepover and Belle is thrilled.  It’s going to be a FANTASTIC weekend.

My candy jar as been too much of a temptation for me, so I decided to change it.  Today I filled by candy jar with . . . . carrots.  Yes, bright, orange, crispy, cool, happy carrots!  I put a small bag of ice on the bottom to keep them cool.  It was fun to see the reaction of people when they saw my new candy jar filling.  I think I may stick with this new approach.  I have no guilt when I reach to grab a carrot.  I think cauliflower would be a good choice for Monday.  Some of my co-workers tease me that I’ll lose takers, but that just means more veggies for me!   

Paul and I made the best dinner last night, we made our own version on chicken cordon blue.  We took a little mozzarella cheese, wrapped it in a slice of lean ham and rolled a flatten chicken breast around it.   For the coating I had a grand time smashing special K cereal and mixing in a few dry spices.  We rolled the chicken in the crumbs and then baked it.  HEAVEN!  Hannah even loved it.   It’s been really fun finding new “fresher” recipes to make as a family.  Paul is so helpful in the kitchen and I’m finding my love of cooking that I had lost for awhile.  It’s great making meals that don’t come out of a box. 

Wish me luck finding a swimsuit this weekend J

Unstoppable Veggie Gal Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment