Friday, February 18, 2011

Lesson Learned

You must consume calories to burn calories.  Yes it’s true.  My plan yesterday worked and I’m back down my .09.  I must remember there is no quick fix.  It will be slow and steady.   Frankly while this is less exciting then seeing big digits at a time on the scale is way more livable and achievable.  When I eat the right amount of calories I feel NO deprivement at all.  Crazy huhh, honestly, I don’t feel like I’m missing out.   I can still eat girl scout cookies, eat chocolate, or have wine, I just can’t eat a box of girl scout cookies, a king size candy bar or a whole bottle of wine all at once.  One splurge, one serving a day is totally and completely acceptable.  While nutritional experts have been saying this all along, this is a revelation to me.  I’m re-learning how to eat and how to use food not only as fuel but also as a healthy balanced enjoyable experience. 

I’m overly excited for the weekend and hitting the gym.    I officially start my training program for my summer tri’s this weekend.  Trinona http://www.trinona.com/  is 113 days and 20 some hours away! Which makes it 16 weeks away.  It seems crazy to think it’s coming up so fast.  I’m going to write down my training program so I can stick to it.  I would like to get in 4 days of some type of working out.  I hope the weather continues to be nice because that will definitely help make it easier to get my times in.  We have a great paved path by our house which is great for jogging and biking, it just get’s flooded this time of year with all of the melting.

Unstoppable Lesson Learning Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment