Sunday, February 6, 2011

I am VICTORIOUS

In the words of my niece Sydney, OH YEAH!  It started off with a fun Friday night with my sister Molly.  We went shopping and successfully found a swimsuit that holds it all in.  We then headed for dinner, drinks and girl talk.  I had half a grilled chicken buffalo wrap and only half the fries.  I asked for the ranch dressing on the side so I could control the extra calories and barely had any of it.  I enjoyed a bloody mary and two Bud Lights.  This was a huge change in the choices I would have previously made.  I would have come up with a million reasons to go way overboard.  For example, I would have had nachos and 4 margaritas.  Victory by making better choices!

Saturday started with my niece Sydney joining for a sleepover and we decided to go swimming, Paul is still sick with his cold so this meant me going alone with the gals.  I'm self-conscience in my swimsuit, but I knew the girls would be disappointed with not going.  I wasn't able to swim laps but my time spent watching girls and swimming with them kept me on my toes.  We were exhausted by the time we left.  Victory by overcoming my self consciousness in a swimsuit without Paul.

So here's where it gets really good.  This morning after making Hannah and Sydney fun shaped pancakes, we were ready to head out to they gym.  Paul who loves working out is still under the weather and wasn't up for working out yet.  I had a choice, go alone or skip.  I choose to go alone and left Paul and the gals home to play.  My goal today was to get an 8 mile bike in 30 minutes and a 1 mile jog/walk in under 17.  I got on the bike and I kicked BUTT!   I closed my eyes, focused on the music and just pedaled away.  I did all 8 miles in 25 minutes.  OH YEAH, 25 minutes.  I almost shouted in triumph because I was so thrilled, but I was panting so hard it would have never come out.  My smile was from ear to ear.  I hobbled over to the treadmill shaking and told myself it was okay.  One foot in front of the other, one step at a time, I could do it.  So there I was starting to jog on the treadmill.  I did intervals of jogging and fast walking and never let the treadmill go lower then 3.5, I wasn't able to jog the whole time, but guess what else?  I did a mile in 16 minutes, OH YEAH!!!   Last year, I could only do a mile in 20 minutes.  I did it in 16 minutes after doing 8 miles on the bike in 25 minutes.   I wiped down my machines and stretched on the floor.  As I sat soaking in sweat basking in my accomplishment of the day, I heard a little voice.  Do you remember when a candy bar was calling me from my candy jar?  Well this time, it was the elliptical.  It told me it was feeling left out, it reminded me how much I love working out on it.  It was confused why I would only show my love to the bike and the treadmill.  So I got up and got on the elliptical.  I told myself I would give it 10 minutes of attention and then head home.  Ten minutes later, I just couldn't stop, I love seeing those calories add up so fast so I decided to keep at it for 10 more minutes.  After that I was so close to finishing what's another 15 minutes?  I burned about 700 calories at the gym today.  VICTORY!!!!  Victory because I didn't make excuses on why not to go to the gym.  Victory because I nailed the bike and treadmill!  Victory because I pushed thru all the mental barriers and kept moving forward.  Victory because my mindset is changing.  Oh yeah, it was a great weekend!

Unstoppable VICTORIOUS Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment