Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Stepping outside my comfort zone

My mind has been spinning, so I’ve neglected to blog.  I’ve been reading fellow bloggers posts and it’s amazing how different and similar so many of our journeys are.  The weight loss journey is such a roller-coaster with incredible unbelievable highs to quickly falling into devastating dramatic lows.  I’m feeling like I’m starting to be on the upside of a roller-coaster after my devastating low of my foot injury.  I feel pride in the fact I keep fighting the good fight and that I’m willing to do what’s needed to continue moving forward in my journey (however slow it might be at times).  Reading other blogs encourages and inspires me.  I need to figure out how to list them on here so I can share my favorite blogger websites with you. 

I went to a conference called the Women of Faith this weekend with a group of friends.  I’ve never been to an event like this.  In an effort to grow and challenge myself I’ve been doing new things even if it’s outside my comfort zone.  I didn’t know what to expect and was really surprised how much I learned when I was there.  This proved to be an experience that I can definitely grow from.   I came home with some “to do’s” and am trying to find the courage to do them.  I’m confident that if I’m willing to take action on what I’ve learned that I will be able to move forward a stronger person and remove the barriers that have currently stalled my progress in my journey of health.

In the next few posts I’ll be sharing the steps I’ll be taking in forgiveness, ownership of self, trust, and anxiety/depression.  Just the thought of this scares me greatly yet there is an element of excitement and anticipation of relief of what it means for the big picture. 

Unstoppable “moving forward one step at a time” Mariah

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE WOMEN OF FAITH!! So inspirational!! Its been about 5 years since I was at my last one!! I used to go every other year!! Hold on to what you learned. Use it for energy and inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete