Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Skeeters love me

I’m still a little bit in shock that I’m able to do the Tri on Aug 14th.  We did a family bike ride last night and had a great time.  The skeeters just love me.  I have a bite that is bigger than a silver dollar right above my knee, darn skeeters.   I think I counted about 15 bites total, just from a short bike ride.  Guess next time I’ll be bug spaying myself.

Belle is still pretty new at the whole biking things, she did great last night even though she had a few spills and skinned up her knee.  When she hurt her knee we were more than ½ through the ride and there was only one way to get home, biking.  She was flustered and cried some, but we reminded her that when she falls, she’s just gotta get back up and try again.  I was really proud because Paul and I show this in everyday life.  We talked about specific examples like me doing the Tri after I got hurt last time.  We talked about how it’s normal to be scared and then I remembered Michelle’s words to her son David that Heather commented on.  In order to be brave, you have to be a little scared.  Brave Hannah kept going and did great, I’m so darn proud of her and love the “active” things we do as a family.

Tonight, I’m headed back to the pool.  Paul is wonderful about letting me get back into working out and taking care of the home front.  I’m going to time myself and swim ½ mile without stopping to get a good idea of what my time is looking like.  I seriously love what an attitude difference my foot injury has given me.  I’m not even worried or nervous about it, I’m just excited and happy! 

Unstoppable “skeeter loved” Mariah

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you can do the tri! That's awesome!

    Sucks about the skeetos though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!!! So happy to read that you are back into the swing of things and doing the Tri.

    ReplyDelete