Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Clippy Mariah

I love love love REI.  Not just the little bit of love, but the whole bunch, I want to by a bunch of stuff in there, I love going there and playing, let’s go more often LOVE.  This weekend the Bautch family headed over there after our swim at the Maple Grove Community Center.  Some of you may shake your head as you read this, after all I am the girl who sprained her ankle doing a happy shuffle dance on the driveway.  We purchased foot cage thingies for our bikes.  They are those things that you put on your pedals that hold your foot in and give you more power when you are on the upside of your stroke.  Technically they are called Strapless Toe Clips and only $5.  I was nervous to try them out given my past history of being a klutz.  I even wore my helmet just in case I took a spill.   I practiced getting in and out of them a few times making sure to always put my left foot down first.  I’d call my first time out with them a success.  I look forward to trying them out again tonight to ensure I’m comfortable with using them this Sunday.  I’m really hoping they give me some of the extra power I’m missing with my foot.  Cross your fingers for another successful no falling bike ride J

Unstoppable “clippy cage bike” Mariah

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! Those things scare the bijeebers out of me. I've been a clutz my entire life...my nickname from my mother has always been "grace". I can't wait to hear how you like them!

    ReplyDelete